What to Expect From This Weekend’s Polar Bear Plunge in Seaside Heights
It actually should be a nice day with air and water temperatures a little warm for this time of the year. Here is what to expect.
- TRAFFIC!!! With thousands of people plunging, plus warm temperatures, it will make traffic even heavier than usual going into Seaside Hights on Saturday morning, so give yourself plenty of time to get over the bridge. There will only be ONE lane going INTO Seaside Heights due to the bridge construction. Rt. 35 is an alternative, but give yourself extra time there as well. The NJDOT has issued a special traffic advisory for this Saturday.
- Plungers can check in/register between 9am and 12:30pm at Grant Ave in Seaside Heights.
- Online registration is now closed, but you can still register the day of the Plunge for $125.
- Over 6,000 people will be plunging into the Atlantic Ocean.
- The ACTUAL plunge happens at 1pm.
- Air temperatures are to be in the mid to low 50's (which is quite mild for this time of the year) with showers expected later in the day.
- Water temps will be around 40-41 degrees
- Fun! Lots of fun whether you are jumping in the water or just hanging out on the boardwalk watching!
Unfortunately, I am going to miss this year's plunge, but check out my video from last year of me jumping into the Atlantic Ocean: