Guide to Watching 4th of July Fireworks at Shelter Cove
We all know by now that most towns up and down the Jersey Shore have canceled or postponed their fireworks celebrations for this weekend due to the CoronaVirus pandemic that has brought our country to a standstill for the last four months or so.
Sipe Adjustment Group, a local Toms River business has decided to sponsor a firework display at the Shelter Cove Park in Toms River on Saturday Night starting at 9p.
Toms River officials have released their guidelines on how you can watch the fireworks safely while maintaining social distancing:
- The beach and the bathrooms at Shelter Cove will close at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and the parking lot closest to the beach will be emptied.
- For boaters, a safety zone will be designated in the water and will be patrolled by police and fire personnel.
According to the Patch:
For those coming to view the fireworks by land, the far lot of Shelter Cove will fill very quickly, and once full, attendees will be turned away as there is no parking on the grass.
Toms River Police suggest watching the fireworks from the following locations:
- Skyview Park, 811 Vaughn Ave., Toms River
- Parking Lots at Indian Hill Road and Hooper Avenue in Toms River
- Silver Bay waterfront in Toms River
- Chadwick Beach
- Lavallette, Ortley Beach & Seaside Heights bay fronts
- Ocean Beach 1, 2, & 3
- Normandy Beach