What are you thankful for?
Greetings kids!! Turkey day is just 5 days away. Although Thanksgiving this year will be unlike any other, which includes when the Pilgrims had arrived at Plymouth Rock in the 1600s. Even though this Covid-19 pandemic has put limitations on public (and private) gatherings, this doesn’t mean you don’t have anything to be thankful for. First and foremost, we can be thankful for our health. Unfortunately, thousands of people haven’t been so lucky with their health due to the coronavirus this year. We can also be thankful for what we still have despite life being “interrupted”. What are you thankful for?
Here’s what I am thankful for:
- My health
- My wife’s and infant son’s health
- My mother’s health
- My siblings’ and their families’ health
- My in-laws’ health
- That I am gainfully employed
- The healthcare workers who have been our heros during this pandemic (in my opinion they should be named “people of the year” for 2020- nobody else!)
- That I get to continue to rock your Saturdays and Sundays on 105.7 The Hawk
So when you get bummed out because you can’t go out to your favorite restaurant, or not be able to go to concerts, sporting events or Broadway shows, or have to make an appointment to do simple errands (i.e. get a flu shot, go to the bank, get haircuts), or not be able to travel without having to quarantine for 14 days, just take a moment to think about all the good things you have to be thankful for.
Whatever your turkey day plans are, enjoy the time with family and friends, practice social distance, wash your hands and most of all…be safe!!