Toms River house fire ruled accidental
The Toms River Office of Fire Prevention has concluded that the fire that occurred inside of a two-car garage on River Terrace Sunday night was accidental in nature.
Investigators say the fire was started by hot fireplace ash and embers that were placed too close to ordinary combustibles.
The fire was contained to the garage only and was quickly extinguished by the responding firefighters from Station 25 Toms River Fire Co. 1, Station 26 Toms River Fire Co. #2 and Station 28 East Dover Fire Company.
There were no injuries reported to civilians or firefighters.
The fire investigation was conducted by Jon Novak from the Toms River Fire Bureau.
More From The Jersey Shore: