Don’t Worry, Here’s How New Jersey Can Make Sure Holiday Packages Arrive On Time
Shipping dates are at the forefront of a lot of people's minds right now, and reasonably so.
It's the season of holiday hustle and bustle.
Christmas parties at home and work, Hanukkah Celebrations, and a thousand different things here and there in the month of December.
If you aren't on top of your holiday shopping, it can be really easy to fall behind fast.
Trust me, it happens to me every year and I'm sure you've been there too; it's the week of Christmas and you realize you need a last-minute gift and you are way past the shipping dates to get your presents where they need to be on time.
Fortunately, FedEx, USPS, and UPS have all provided their shipping deadlines so that your packages can get to their destination on time.
APP reports that this year's shipping deadlines are similar to last year's, just a little earlier.
What Is The Deadline For Ground Shipping?
To ensure your packages get where they need to be by Christmas when shipping via ground shipping here are the dates for the major shipping companies:
- FedEx - The last day for ground delivery is Wednesday, December 14th
- USPS -The last day for ground delivery is Saturday, December 17th
- UPS - UPS says to check their website for the most up-to-date shipping dates.
What Are The Deadlines For Shipping Packages?
APP reports that if you want your gifts delivered by Saturday, December 24th these are the dates you'll want to keep in mind for UPS.
- 3-Day Select: Tuesday, Dec. 20
- 2nd Day Air: Wednesday, Dec. 21
- Next Day Air: Thursday, Dec. 22
- Ground: Check the UPS website for details
What Are The Shipping Deadlines For FedEx?
APP says FedEx recommends using the following guide to ensure your packages get where they need to be by Sunday, December 25th.
- FedEx Home Delivery, FedEx Ground: Wednesday, Dec. 14
- FedEx Express Saver, FedEx 3Day Freight: Tuesday, Dec. 20
- FedEx 2Day: Wednesday, Dec. 21
- FedEx 1Day Freight, FedEx Extra Hours: Thursday, Dec. 22
- FedEx SameDay: Friday, Dec. 23
What Are The Shipping Deadlines For USPS?
APP reports that these are their 'send by dates' for packages to arrive by Christmas, for the lower 48 states.
- Retail Ground: Saturday, Dec. 17
- First-Class Mail: Saturday, Dec. 17
- Priority Mail: Monday, Dec. 19
- Priority Mail Express: Friday, Dec. 23
I love this time of the year, but it can also be stressful, the easiest way to avoid stress is to stay organized and on top of your holiday shopping.
Keep in mind too, some online retailers may have their own shipping deadlines so keep that in mind over the next few weeks.