Fireworks 2020: A Guide For Ocean and Monmouth Counties
What are you doing for this Fourth of July? Most of us will just bbq at home, maybe head the beach or out on the boat, and I'm sure plenty of us will end up risking our fingers with backyard displays. Most towns across the Shore have postponed or cancelled their Independence Day celebrations this year; here's a roundup so you know what's what.
- Barnegat has cancelled this year's fireworks.
- Fireworks have been postponed until September 5th.
- All July 4 celebrations have been cancelled.
- Fireworks are on! July 3rd at 9pm on the beachfront, with a rain date set for July 5th.
- This is a bit odd, because 99% of what I've read said everything is cancelled, but the Borough site still lists a fireworks show at the Raceway for July 2nd. I'm inclined to think the site just wasn't updated.
- Harvey Cedars has actually cancelled all events in July.
- Lacey has postponed their fireworks til September.
- All July 4th events have been canceled.
-Get your tickets for Friday, July 3rd at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood for a one-of-a-kind RED, WHITE, and BLUECLAWS fireworks show.
- No fireworks, but Lavallette will be holding a "Patriotic Bike Ride" along the Oceanfront and Philadelphia Avenue on July 4th, starting at 9am.
- No fireworks, but the Ocean Gate 4th of July Parade is still on. The parade will step off at 10am on July 4th, and to accommodate with social distancing, the parade route is being extended so crowds can spread out further.
- The traditional Jenkinson's fireworks show for July 4th has been cancelled.
- July 4th will kick off Ferry season.
- Fireworks are cancelled, and the township site says they're looking at a future date but nothing is confirmed.
West Long Branch
- Fireworks have been postponed until Labor Day.
NJ.com has a list that goes beyond Ocean and Monmouth Counties.