Two Amazing Comedians Are Coming To Jersey
The Basie is bringing more great comedy to Monmouth Park!
A month ago, Jim Gaffigan was part of the Basie's "Drive-In Live" series, performing at Monmouth Park. Now, the Basie is shifting from the drive-in aspect, and setting up safe, socially-distance concert experiences at The Garden at the Blu Grotto at Monmouth Park.
There is a solid list of performers, including Willie Nile, Grace Potter, and local faves Remember Jones. Beyond the musicians, they have a great lineup of comedians, including two my favorites!
Mike Birbiglia and John Mulaney will be performing on August 23rd at 7pm - tickets go on sale TODAY (August 13th) at 10am.
I was introduced to Mike Birbiglia when he performed at Monmouth University. The dude is a wonderful balance of funny and thoughtful. He's done stuff that cracks me up, and he's also been very open and vulnerable. He's made two movies I really liked (Sleepwalk With Me and Don't Think Twice) , and most people would probably recognize him as the goofy brother-in-law in Trainwreck.
John Mulaney. Holy eff, this guy is funny. He got his start writing for Saturday Night Live (he co-created one of my favorite recent characters Stefon), he's done a handful of incredible specials, and he was a part of one of my favorite bits on Kroll Show (by the way, if you missed out on Kroll Show you really missed out).
So here's the deal on this new performance series from The Basie:
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Tickets will be sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required. Menus for Concerts In The Garden events can be found here.
- Patrons must wear masks while entering the venue or leaving their table to use the restroom.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door by a Monmouth Park EMT. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- Dancing will not be permitted.
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for outdoor events and dining.
- In the event of inclement weather, an alternate date will be announced.
- Free, onsite parking is available.
Tickets for Birbiglia/Mulaney cost $75, $65, or $35...which is actually not bad for a night of two national comics.