See A Drive-In Concert With Almost Queen
Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes are headlining the first big drive-in concert at the Jersey Shore, as they kick off the Basie Center for the Arts' "DRIVE-IN LIVE" series on July 11th. Comedian Jim Gaffigan will follow them on July 12th. Both of those shows sold out quick, but the Basie is adding some more great shows.
On Wednesday July 29, ALMOST QUEEN will take the stage at Monmouth Park, and on Thursday July 30, you can see comedian ILIZA SHLESINGER. Tickets for both of these shows go on sale Thursday, July 2nd at 10am at Ticketmaster.
Almost Queen was slated to hit the Stony Pony Summer Stage in September, but when the Pony wiped the entire Summer Stage Series, the Basie took over and brought them back to the Shore.
Iliza Shlesinger released her 5th Netflix special last fall.
Tickets will cost $110 per vehicle for ALMOST QUEEN and $135 for ILIZA, and go on sale to the general public through Ticketmaster at 10am on Thursday, July 2nd.
The Drive-In Live Series benefits the Count Basie Center for Arts, and a portion of the proceeds will go to the New Jersey Arts and Culture Recovery Fund.
Here's your reminder of the rules for the "drive-in" aspect of these shows:
- Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
- Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
- Patrons must remain inside their vehicle cabins.
- Patrons may only leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
- Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
- All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue.
- Alcohol will not be served.
- Absolutely no tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
- Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via their radio, details day of show.
- Cars with more than four occupants will be turned away without refund.
- Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
- No pets allowed.