Take the Lighthouse Challenge of NJ to Possibly Win $1,000
If you're looking for a fun fall activity to do in October where you could possibly win a thousand dollars, I suggest you keep reading.
It's called the Lighthouse Challenge of NJ and it is happening Saturday, October 19th, and Sunday, October 20th.
The idea is to visit (and hopefully climb) all of New Jersey’s maintained lighthouses
How To Participate
- Take a look at the lighthouses on a physical or digital map.
- Decide which lighthouse you would like to begin at.
- Plan a route from your starting lighthouse to each other lighthouse. Our directions may be helpful.
- Consider that your route may involve staying overnight somewhere based on which lighthouses you attend on the first day.
- On Saturday morning, go to your first lighthouse and be sure to pick up a souvenir penny booklet for $ 5.00. This can be obtained at any lighthouse; so you may start at whichever you like. Each lighthouse will have a custom crushed penny to contribute to your booklet in commemoration of your support. At the end of the challenge, you will have a complete souvenir booklet to keep for having accomplished the Challenge!!
- Begin to travel to New Jersey's Lighthouses, a Museum, and Life Saving Stations to experience a living history of service and seafaring!
- Once you have attended all of the sites on the challenge, notify volunteers at your final site that you have accomplished the challenge and you'll be in the drawing for a prize worth $ 1,000.
I think this is something pretty fun to do with the entire family. I'm sure you will get some great photos, and memories that will last a lifetime!