Plenty to do in Ocean County now that fall has arrived, and winter approaches
While we enjoyed some record warmth last week at the Shore, colder weather is coming soon and after all the Holiday rush is over and the New Year is rung in, what is there to do around Ocean County?
After Halloween is over and the calendar turns to November, there are still plenty of fun activities you and the family can dive into around Ocean County, including The Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Great Adventure.
"There are rides open and the whole park is lit up in lights and all kinds of Live entertainment and things throughout the park," said Dana Lancellotti, Ocean County Director of Tourism and Business Development.
Battling the brisk winter winds, snowy and grey skies may not be something many enjoy, but when it becomes too cold for outdoor activities in the coming months there is a whole list of things to do.
"We have fantastic museums, such as Insectropolis which is a great place to take the kids, and it's right in Toms River," said Lancellotti. "We have the historic museums all throughout the county, and we also have the Jenkinson's Aquarium which is open all year and so are the arcades down on the boardwalk."
Going to the beach, water-park or swimming in the pool are all fun summer activities which aren't as enjoyable with the chills of winter, but Lancellotti says there is more great family activities coming up.
"You can actually go out on a milder day and enjoy things that are indoors as well," said Lancellotti. "So don't forget about the museums, the indoor attractions and the great restaurants."
There's no limit to the fun ahead around Ocean County this winter, and Lancellotti adds more events are always being added to their list of events.
"There are going to be things happening as we move forward through the year," said Lancellotti. "People add on different events and festivals."
Here is a list of Ocean County events coming up in the month of November:
- 11/1 - Scarecrow WalkDowntown Toms River732-341-8738, http://www.downtowntomsriver.com
- 11/1 - 11/5 - Fall Farm Fun @ Hallocks U-Pick FarmNew Egypt609-758-8847, http://www.hallocksupick.com/
- 11/1 - 11/15 - Jersey Coast Shark Anglers: 2016 Fall Striper Marathon Jersey Coast Shark Anglers, Brick 732-840-1999, http://www.jcsa.org
- 11/4 - 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off & BonfireFootball Complex Rt. 571, Manchester732-657-8121 ext. 5103, http://www.manchestertwp.com/
- 11/5, 11/6 - Grape Adventure Wine FestivalSix Flags Great Adventure, Jackson732-928-2000 www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
- 11/5 - Legend of the Jersey Devil ShowAlbert Music Hall, Waretown609-971-1593, http://www.alberthall.org
- 11/12, 11/13 - Fire Pits! Food Trucks! Fire Works!Laurita Winery, New Egypt609-758-8000, http://www.LauritaWinery.com
- 11/26 - Night Market & Holiday ExhibitLBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences, Loveladies609-494-1241 www.lbifoundation.org
- 11/26 - Thanksgiving "Audience Thanks Cabaret"The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe, Lavallette732-854-2779 www.themusicman.com
There's also the Veterans Parade in Downtown Toms River coming up as well.