Parents Registration is Open for Toms River Recreation’s After School Program
Yes, it is still summer, but before you know it we will be back to school and back to a normal work schedule and parents will be looking for creative and positive programs for their children to do after school. Don’t miss the opportunity to sign your child up for our Toms River Youth Services After-School Program. Registration is now open. Don't wait too long because these programs fill fast in Toms River. We received the details from Mayor Hill's office in Toms River Township.
To be eligible for the After-School Care Program:
- · Both parents or single parents must work
- · Children must be in Grades 1 - 5
- · Children must be picked up by 5 pm
- · Must be residents of Toms River Township
Youth Services can accommodate 30 children, on a first-come, first-served enrollment basis. Transportation is arranged by the Toms River School System to transport from these schools directly to Youth Services: Hooper Avenue Elementary, North Dover Elementary and Walnut Street Elementary.
The After-School Program includes educational assistance, peer interactions, arts & crafts, snacks, educational in-services, TV time and outside activities when the weather permits.
Visit www.tomsrivertownship.com and under the “Departments” go to Recreation and “Register for Programs”. Please call Youth Services at 732-341-1000 ext. 8436 for more information.
Families must create an account for all programs at http://register.communitypass.net/tomsriver and choose “Toms River” in the drop-down box. Below are brief instructions on how to access the online system:
1) Log on to http://register.communitypass.net/tomsriver
2) Click on “Create an account for your family now”
3) Complete the account information and click “submit”
4) Click on “Register Now” to begin registering for programs
5) View Recreation programs and click to register
This is a wonderful program for children and families so take advantage before they fill up and have a great school year.
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer
Gorgeous Hidden New Jersey Home is Right Out of a Movie