A restaurant in Harrah's Casino is paying a man $750,000 after he was burned by a toxic chemical he ingested in their beer.

Richard Washart, a former Ocean City police lieutenant, sued McCormick and Schmick’s and Kramer Beverage Co., the restaurant’s beer supplier-maintenance contractor, for life-altering physical and emotional injuries.

Washart ordered a beer, and after his first sip immediately felt burning pain. He ran to the bathroom, vomited a number of times. After vomiting blood, he went to the hospital where doctors said he suffered severe burns to his stomach and esophagus.

While no one disputed Washart's injuries, the restaurant McCormick & Schmick's blamed a company, Kramer Beverage Co. used to clean the lines, while a representative for Kramer denies they cleaned lines at that restaurant at the time in question.

More from 105.7 the Hawk:

More From 105.7 The Hawk