Everything You Need To Know About Great Adventure’s ‘Holiday in the Park’
Great Adventure's "Holiday in the Park" gets bigger and bigger every year. From November 16th through January 1st, the park will feature more lights, more rides, and more events than ever!
- Frost: A Cirque Spectacular – Astounding acrobats, inspired dancers and a touch of icy holiday magic will warm the heart in Frost: A Cirque Spectacular appearing in the Showcase Theatre.
- Bugs Bunny National Park – This adorable section for young guests features six pint-sized thrill rides, new entertainment in Wilderness Theater and meet & greets.
- Twinkle Tunnel – Joy to the World has found a new home near the Lakefront and the new Twinkle Tunnel will envelop guests in sparkling holiday lights.
- Spinnin’ Saturdays with DJ Tinsel Tunes – Guests can rock to the modern sounds of holiday classics with DJ Tinsel Tunes each Saturday from 3 to 8 pm in Deck the Halls.
- Holiday Hatchet Throw Game – Guests can take aim and toss a hatchet at some of their favorite mischievous holiday characters. Winner every time!
- Festive, New Characters – Meeting the array of unique characters found only at Holiday in the Park is a highlight for kids and kids-at-heart. Three new characters make their debut in 2019:
- Mrs. Claus – Santa’s better half, who keeps the workshop running like clockwork, is thrilled to meet guests in Bugs Bunny National Park.
- Evergreen Queen – The newest member of Holiday in the Park royalty whose beauty is everlasting will make her home in Holiday Memories.
- Reindeer – Santa’s flying helpers have landed in Bugs Bunny National Park.
The park also delivers delicious Seasonal Eats:
- Yum Yum Holiday Mornings – Features all-day breakfast platters, biscuits and gravy, fluffy pancakes and other breakfast favorites.
- Granny’s Holiday Feast – Granny’s is serving up comfort food classics like meatloaf, turkey, pot roast, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, hot chocolate and more.
- Not So Chilly Chili – Beef, turkey and vegetable chili.
- Fireside BBQ – Turkey legs, smoked sausage and bacon-wrapped pork.
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions include:
- Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season ─ Spectacular light show on a five-story-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects, stirring music and gently falling snow.
- The Elf That Saved Christmas – Elves Tinsel, Twinkle, Jingle and Doug conquer the mayhem of the season to save Christmas.
- Gingerbread Junction ─ A giant, inflatable gingerbread man welcomes guests to this whimsical section that features peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, the regal Peppermint Princess and dancing lights around the carousel pavilion.
- Polar Point ─ Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while her highness the Snow Queen meets guests below.
- North Pole ─ Adorable elves invite guests into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos, plus kids can write letters to Santa.
- Joy to the World ─ Tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world and the new Twinkle Tunnel.
- Holiday Fire Pits – Five sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores.
- Holiday Eats – The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park like spiked egg nog, holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, seasonal beers, festive funnel cakes, specialty holiday platters with cranberry sauce, chili bowls, harvest salads and hot soups.
- Festive Photo Spots – An antique sleigh, twinkling mistletoe, larger-than-life characters and decorations, Santa’s elaborate home, and a kiddie train are just a few of the fun photo spots guests can preserve their holiday memories.
More from 105.7 the Hawk: