Belmar Cancels All Town Events Until July
A statement from the Office of Emergency Management in Belmar and Lake Como says that due to the pandemic and orders from the state, all events in the two boroughs will be cancelled until July 1st.
The following events have been cancelled:
- Saturday May 2nd - 10th Ave. Burrito Cinco de Mayo Party
- Sunday May 3rd - Huntington’s Disease Team Hope 5K
- Sunday May 3rd - BBP Kite Festival
- Saturday-Sunday May 9th &10th - MS Coast to Coast Bike Ride
- Friday-Sunday May 15th-17th - NJ Seafood Festival
- Wednesday June 17th - Belmar Cruise Night
According to the statement, none of the events have been rescheduled, but we'll let you know if any updates come in.
I get why some people are complaining that this is an overreaction, but honestly, even if the state says "hey everybody can get back to work on May 1st", you don't really want to host a huge gathering like a Cinco de Mayo party or 5k or beach festival immediately after.
More from 105.7 the Hawk: