The 10 Most Re-Watchable Movies of All-Time, According To This Jersey Guy
Movies are always a popular topic of conversation but probably more so than ever during the pandemic when we were constantly looking for something to watch. Of course, there are those movies which you will watch time and time again. For example, you are scanning through your TV guide and you see a movie listed. Doesn’t matter if it’s the beginning, middle, or ending you are going to watch it. So I have come up with my very unofficial list of 10 of the most rewatchable non-sports movies. I say unofficial because I will clearly overlook some which I will regret later. Here’s my ten in no specific order, what are yours?
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) Man how I loved Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman in this one. The ending was perfect although I always wondered if they considered a sequel.
- Gladiator (2000) I still cheer when Russell Crowe kills the despicable Joaquin Phoenix.
- Braveheart (1995) Pretty much same as above with Mel Gibson the hero.
- Goodfellas (1990) I have to admit I might be suffering a bit of burnout from this Martin Scorsese gem which I have had to watch more than 100 times. DeNiro, Pesci, Liotta…come on, forget about it!
- Top Gun (1986) This is the one when you feel the need for speed.
- Die Hard (1988) First it’s not a Christmas movie but boy is it great no matter where you pick it up at.
- Pretty Woman (1990) Ok take your shots now. What guy did not fall in love with Julia Roberts…yes I know you ladies felt the same about Richard Gere. Sometimes you just need a happy ending.
- Jaws (1975) Yes we know the fake shark is ridiculous by today’s standards but this was 46 years ago. Murray Hamilton as the mayor is one of the most hated characters ever…if only the shark would have eaten him.
- The Sandlot (1993) You might have had a summer like these kids did and this one always leaves me smiling.
- Ocean’s Eleven (2001) Breaking into a vault in Vegas is the backdrop with an all-star cast of Clooney, Pitt, Roberts & Damon.
Honorable Mention: The Godfather, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Caddyshack, Point Break, My Cousin Vinny, Dirty Dancing, Coming to America and believe it or not Footloose.
Tomorrow: Part 2 (Good movies that I have no interest in watching again)