Take a Look Inside Prince’s “Purple Rain” Tour Bus
You could own Prince's 1983 Eagle Model 10 Motor Coach that was used during his "Purple Rain" tour back in the '80s.
The tour bus is being put up for auction in Houston, Texas December 3rd- December 5th. No word on what the starting bid will be.
It's listed on the Mecum website and this tour bus "screams" '80s.
First of all, the tour bus was designed and created for Prince himself for his tour, so of course, the bus is purple. Not 100% purple, but plenty of purple details and finishes
The bus sleeps six and features:
- Detroit Diesel 6V92 turbocharged engine
- Master suite with private air conditioning, separate stereo system and flat-screen TV
- Twin bunks
- Couch pulls out to a double bed
- Captain's chairs sourced from a private jet
- High-grade soft leather seating
- Large bath area
- Porcelain air-driven commode
- GE glass cooktop
- Separate refrigerator/freezer
- GE convection oven/microwave
- And so much more...
I honestly would think that Prince would travel from city to city by luxury jet, but I'm guessing since this bus was used in the early '80's he wasn't making his millions just yet.
According to the pictures, it looks like the motor coach has enjoyed many years of camping since being on tour with Prince. Let us take a closer look.
Click HERE for more pictures and stuff.