NJ Lawmakers Finalize Legal Marijuana Bill
The latest bill to legalize marijuana in Jersey has been written by state lawmakers.
Here are the key points to the new bill:
- Marijuana will be legalized in terms of the possession and personal use of small amounts of marijuana for people at least 21 years old.
- N.J. could have the lowest pot tax in the country at 10%.
- Businesses could apply to have a separate 'consumption space' along with their dispensary.
- Marijuana delivery is a possibility.
- So far, there is no ceiling for the number of licenses that will be issued.
- 25% of licenses will go to businesses owned by women, minorities or veterans.
- At least 10% of licenses will be "micro-licenses", going to smaller businesses.
- Home-growing will still be illegal.
NJ.com has a longer breakdown and a few more of the details of the bill...but just based on what's above, what do you think?
More from 105.7 the Hawk: