New Jersey Shopping Malls Set To Open June 29th
Governor Murphy announced earlier today that New Jersey Shopping Malls can reopen on June 29th! This is great for more retail businesses to open up and start making money once again.
Governor Murphy did say there are still some restrictions. Movie theaters and arcades are to remain closed until further notice.
Shoppers and mall staff will be required to wear masks, unless medically unfeasible. All stores will be limited to 50% capacity and social distancing among shoppers will be encouraged.
I am excited about this. I can FINALLY use my Macy's gift card that has been sitting on my dresser since Christmas. I need Summer clothes. I'm ready to do some shopping!
- Screening customers and staff no more than 24 hours before a scheduled appointment and immediately prior to or upon arrival at the business. Any individual who reports having any symptom consistent with COVID-19 in the last 72 hours, or having had exposure to an individual suspected of having had or confirmed to have had COVID-19 in the last 14 days, cannot be permitted to enter, whether for work or a scheduled service.
- Requiring appointments for all services, with no walk-ins being permitted.
- Limiting the number of people allowed in an establishment at any given time. Only staff and clients receiving services by appointment should be inside the establishment.
- Spacing appointments to allow time for cleaning and disinfecting between customers.
- Checking temperatures for clients and staff prior to entry, regardless of symptoms. Individuals with a temperature over 100.4 shall not be permitted to enter the shop to work or for an appointment.
- Taking steps to reconfigure the space within the business to ensure at least six feet of distance between individuals wherever possible and implementing adaptations to the space with physical barriers, signs, tape or floor markers to facilitate social distancing.
- Requiring everyone entering the premises to wear masks or a face covering at all times, with limited exceptions. According to the guidelines, “No services may be performed that would require the removal of the client’s face covering, except that a client may remove their face covering when face down on a massage table.”
- Requiring the removal of reusable items such as magazines, toys, and samples.
- Complying with additional requirements for certain services.