Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine Selling Rare + Stage-Used Guitars, Amps + More Via Reverb Shop
You need a "mega" sale when it comes time for the Megadeth leader to thin out his collection of gear. Dave Mustaine is the latest rocker to team up with Reverb.com to pass on some of his instruments and gear to those who can use it.
“I have a lot, a lot, a lot of gear. I’ve got a lot of double-neck guitars, I’ve got a lot of prototype stuff. I’ve got absolutely killer collector’s item stuff for the right guy. For me, my job is to put everything I can into this guitar so that when it gets put into somebody else’s hands, I can say ‘This is the guitar that wrote ‘Holy Wars,’” says Mustaine.
He adds, “I have always believed when it comes down to memorabilia with a band— especially instruments — I want to pass this onto people. I want them to be able to have something that I had. I believe a lot in energy ... whatever energy I put into this, my particular mojo, I like to be able to give that to somebody.”
Among the items that will be for sale in the Reverb shop are more than 20 of the guitarist’s signature guitars, including a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature “Holy Grail” V (#1 of 33), a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Zero Korina (#10 of 50), a signed 2007 Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Silver V Prototype, a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Black Double Neck VMNT used live on stage, and a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Matte Black V that was used extensively for touring.
The Official Dave Mustaine Reverb Shop will also feature:
- Several Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monoblock amps, including one that is autographed and one that still has the guitarist's settings marked.
- An Akai MPC1000 drum machine that was used extensively on tour and autographed by Mustaine.
- Several Zoom G2.1DM Dave Mustaine Signature pedals used by Mustaine on tour as indicated by the gaff tape still on the pedals.
- A Furman PL-8 Power Conditioner amp autographed and used by Mustaine.
- Multiple Fractal Axe FX-11 amps used by Mustaine both on tour and in the studio.
- A seven-piece Drum drum kit with the cover art from “Peace Sells” on the kick drum.
- A Shure Wireless Megadeth Transmitter System with signed cases.
- Several acoustic guitars, multiple effects pedals, kick pedals, cymbals, and more.
Mustaine is not auctioning off the items, but rather setting a sale price for those interested in picking up the gear. The Dave Mustaine Reverb Shop will go live on Monday, Nov. 4 and you can check through all the nearly 150 items he's included at this location.
“When I die, I don’t want a guitar in my coffin. Some of these guys want to be buried with stuff — I don’t want to die. I want to live forever,” says Mustaine.
Dave Mustaine Teases His Official Reverb Shop
See Where Dave Mustaine Ranks in the 66 Best Hard Rock + Metal Guitarists of All-Time