Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen Offers Takeout, Online Ordering
While the future of restaurants seems to change on a daily basis around New Jersey, Jon Bon Jovie and his wife Dorothea made a big announcement on Facebook:
Okay, I love Jon Bon Jovi as a person, but that video seriously seemed like my grandparents were trying to go viral. Equal amounts adorable and awkward.
It's interesting because the Soul Kitchen was built on a pay-what-you-can system, where food was served on a sliding scale; you could also offer to pay for the meal of another customer, or wash dishes to cover the cost. The new online ordering offers up a flat $20 rate for a few different entrees, and includes soup or salad plus dessert.
If you plan to eat at one of the Soul Kitchens, here are the rules they want you to know about:
- Please wait to be seated by our hostess. If you are placing or picking up a to go meal, please inform our hostess for assistance.
- Please wear a face mask or cover while you are inside our establishment, including in the bathroom (unless you have a medical condition or your child is under two).
- Please maintain 6 ft. of physical distance. We have limited seating to a maximum of (4) guests per table and have arranged seating 6 ft. apart between parties.
- In order to accommodate our guests waiting for a table, please adhere to our 45 minute seating limit per party.
- Please be aware of signs on walls and physical guides, such as tape on floors and sidewalks, to ensure proper social distancing while placing or picking up to go meals, waiting for seating or in line for the restroom.
- Please follow our (1) person or family at a time bathroom policy.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or have a sick family member at home.
- Please do not smoke. Smoking is prohibited both indoors and in our outdoor seating area.
- Please practice good hygiene – wash your hands/use sanitizer, avoid touching your face and cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Please provide your email address for contact tracing purposes. Should a member of our staff, volunteer or guest become infected by COVID-19, we will inform you.
The JBJ Soul Kitchen in Toms River is open 5-7p Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and 11:30a-1:30p Wednesday and Thursday; in Red Bank, they are open 5-7p Wednesday-Saturday and 11:30a-1:30p Sunday.