Incredible Views & Unique Dining Experience Headed To Waretown, New Jersey
Prepare to be blown away by incredible views of Barnegat Bay while enjoying a unique dining experience. There's a lot of exciting intel to share here.
April 30th is the big day, one that'll feature local Ocean County entrepreneurs expanding to a second location in Waretown. The team behind Breakers Kitchen & Tap has cooked up a whole new experience. In this case, it's got a unique name, food, and features.
The menu item you see above is Monkfish, which is also the new restaurant's name. Introducing the Monkfish Waterfront Grill! This one-of-a-kind establishment opens on April 30th at 2 Point Road in Waretown at Key Harbor Marina.
Katie shared the story behind the name on Facebook, "We chose the name Monkfish because of the story of how the monkfish got its name. Being a rather unsightly fish, fisherman gave it free to the monks at the monastery, thinking they could never sell a fish so ugly. But what the monks knew is that it was the most delicious fish of all with a succulent taste of lobster. So while the fishermen discarded this ugly fish to the monks, the monks went home knowing they were about to have a most delicious dinner." And the word is that monkfish HAVE been in the Barnegat Bay.
There's so much more to know than just the name. Here are some highlights that we can share:
- You can dine in, indoors and outdoors, take out, or order through Doordash.
- The views of Barnegat Bay are beautiful.
- They'll have "dock and dine with boat slips."
- You'll want to try their "mocktails", mixed with fresh juice and cocktails.
- Breakfast? Yes, starting at 7 am.
- Bring Your Own, but package goods can be ordered ahead from their sister restaurant, Breakers Kitchen & Tap.
- The menu will have multiple seafood appetizers and main courses, including Monkfish, fresh salads, burgers, sandwiches, and much more.
Oooh, they also tell us that they're "hiring all positions." Good luck Katie, Kelly, and the new team at Monkfish!