Fudgie the Beer is a REAL Thing…And You Can Make it at Home
Of course we all remember Fudgie the Whale Cake from Carvel right? I think it's a safe bet that we had it at least once as our birthday cake growing up.
Give a warm whale-come to Fudgie The Beer, a collaboration with @captlawrence! Starting June 6, stop by their Westchester brewery for a pint or take home a can for Pops! They’ll also be serving up Fudgie’s Father’s Day Float, made with Fudgie The Beer and Fudgie cake! #teamicecream 🐳🍦🎂🍻 📷: @enormouscreative
Their first batch of Fudgie the Beer sold out back in May, but according to their website,
We will be releasing our second batch just in time for Father’s Day! We’ve partnered with Carvel for FUDGIE THE BEER! A stout brewed with Carvel’s signature chocolate crunchies & fudge. Join us on Friday, June 15th at 4pm AND Saturday, June 16th at 12pm in the Beer Hall!
If you can't make it to the brewery this weekend, Carvel has been nice enough to share the recipe with us!
- Consumers can pick up Captain Lawrence beer - or the stout of their choice – at their local grocery store.
- In a blender, simply combine 12 ounces of stout and 4 cups of Carvel Fudgie the Whale cake, purchased at any Carvel shoppe. (Note: Too much stout will render the shake too watery.)
- Add Carvel chocolate crunchies around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Sip and enjoy! Recipe serves approximately four people in 10-ounce cups.