Find Your Nearest Ballot Drop Box
Okay look. This is not meant to be the place where we all scream at each other about mail-in voting. We have all seen the stories about how New Jersey has allowed mail-in voting for years with minimal issues, and we have all seen the recent story about a postal worker who got busted throwing out nearly 100 ballots (although that worker wasn't specifically throwing out ballots, they were just dumping a huge load of mail that included ballots). I've read articles about how mail-in votes will help Democrats, and I've also read articles how mail-in votes will help Republicans. I'm not here to incite a riot, I'm just here to make it easier for everyone to exercise their constitutional right to vote.
Voting is going to be chaotic this year. I have read countless articles that all seem to contradict each other in some way. At first you had to apply for a mail-in ballot, then Governor Murphy announced that every registered voter would be sent one (I received mine, but lots of my friends are still waiting). You will be able to vote in person, but those ballots will be provisional, and people have reservations when it comes to those in general.
The surest way to make sure that your vote counts this year is to take the ballot sent to you in the mail, fill it out, and place it in one of the secure drop boxes. The boxes are under video surveillance 24/7, and emptied by the Ocean County Board of Elections every day. You'll also be able to track your ballot online.
Here are the locations for the seventeen secure dropboxes in Ocean County:
- Barnegat: Ocean County Library, 112 Burr Street
- Beachwood: Ocean County Library, 126 Beachwood Boulevard
- Berkeley: Ocean County Library, 30 Station Road
- Brick: Brick Township Municipal Building, 401 Chambers Bridge Road
- Jackson: Ocean County Library, 2 Jackson Drive
- Lacey: Ocean County Library, 10 East Lacey Road
- Lakewood: Ocean County Resource Center, 225 4th Street
- Lavallette: Ocean County Library, 112 Jersey City Avenue
- Little Egg Harbor: Ocean County Library, 290 Mathistown Road
- Manchester: Ocean County Library, 400 Lacey Road
- Manchester: Ocean County Library, 21 Colonial Drive
- Point Pleasant Borough: Ocean County Library, 834 Beaver Dam Road
- Stafford: Ocean County Southern Service Center, 179 South Main Street
- Surf City: Ocean County Library, 217 South Central Avenue
- Toms River: Ocean County Library headquarters, 101 Washington Street (drop box will be outside of Mancini Room)
- Toms River: Ocean County PIC Building, 1959 Route 9
- Toms River: Ocean County Parking Garage, Madison Avenue