Your 2018 Toms River Halloween Parade Guide
Toms River holds one of the biggest Halloween parades in the world, and this year is the 80th anniversary!
This year, be sure to look for myself, Andy Chase & Lady Di as we join families from Ocean of Love on a float in the parade!
TO BE IN THE PARADE:
There is no pre-registration. All participants must register in person at the firehouse on Robbins Street in Toms River.
Wednesday, October 31, from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
There is NO registration fee, however donations are welcomed.
Parade formation and start is at the Toms River Shopping Centre on the corner of Highland Parkway & Rt. 166 (Main St.) The Parade will travel down Main Street turning left onto Washington Street ending at the corner of Washington Street & Hooper Ave. All Spectators need to be south of Highland parkway.
TO WATCH THE PARADE:
- Decide where you want to watch the parade and pick a spot. You can bring blankets and chairs to. It's recommended you arrive about 2 hours prior to the start of the parade (which is 7pm). Highland Parkway and Main Street will have to remain clear of people due to entry of floats.
- Do not sit within an intersection of any side street. Vehicles require unobstructed access in the event of an emergency.
- The weather for tomorrow looks good, but layering is always a good idea for autumn.
- The township recommends parking at the Ocean County Parking Garage, located at Madison Avenue between Hooper Avenue and Hadley Avenue. Any vehicles parking on any side street off of Main Street must be 1,000 feet off of the corner of the parade. Parking will not be allowed at the Toms River Center.
- There will be a reserved area for wheelchair viewing; call the Firehouse (732) 349-0144 on parade day.
- Portable restrooms will be throughout the Toms River Center, at the end of the parade and across from the Firehouse on Robbins Street.
- Any articles that are found should be brought to the Firehouse on Robbins Street, after the parade.
More from 105.7 the Hawk: