The dryer started the fire at Brandywine in Shrewsbury
The dryer started the fire in Shrewsbury on Thursday at the Brandywine on Meridian Way that was quickly put out by sprinklers and responding fire crews.
There was a fire in one of the dryers in the basement.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the sprinklers and firefighters.
An evacuation of the facility was initiated with the assistance of Shrewsbury Police and several Fire and EMS partners were requested for assistance.
Damage was limited to the dryer room and all of the residents were returned to the building.
Shrewsbury Hose Company Number 1 were joined at the scene by Eatontown FD and EMS, Little Silver FD and EMS, Oceanport FD, Monmouth County Sheriff's Office, Monmouth County EMS Task Force, and Shrewsbury and Eatontown PD.
More Jersey Shore News: