South Jersey Man Competing on Jeopardy Tonight
There is a little town in Glouster County, New Jersey called Williamstown.
Williamstown is about an hour away from downtown Toms River. Williamstown has a population of a little more than 15,000 residents, and the most notable person to come out of Williamstown, NJ is professional women's soccer player, Brittany Ratcliffe who plays for the Utah Royals.
There might be another famous person coming from the town of Williamstown, and his name is Kevin Walsh.
Kevin Walsh is a story analyst from Williamstown, New Jersey, and he is currently kicking some ass on the TV game show, Jeopardy.
Kevin is on a three-game winning streak, and so far he has won a total of $62,900
According to NJ.com, Kevin Walsh says:
"I’ve just always enjoyed learning. I’ve enjoyed being a student, I’ve enjoyed trivia, I’m a geek, I like geeky stuff,” Walsh said in an interview after winning his first game. "So this is sort of the ultimate knowing of all of that stuff validated.”
Kevin Walsh is going for his fourth straight victory on Jeopardy tonight at 7 p.m on WABC
New Jersey has been represented pretty well on Jeopardy over the years. Some notable New Jersey contestants are:
- Season 6- College Champion from Rutgers, Michael Thayer- $25,000
- Season 11- Tournament of Champions, Rachael Schwartz, Bedminster- $152,499
- Season 23- Teen Tournament, Meryl Federman, Livingstone- $75,000
- Season 26- Tournament of Champions, Vijay Balse, Chatham-$322,400
- Season 35- All-Star Games, David Madden, Ridgewood, NJ- $773,733
Just to name a few. Good luck tonight Kevin!!!