NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION: 5 Tips For You To Lose Weight
If you clicked on this article, that means you are ready to turn the page and get back in shape. A new survey found that 71 million Americans gained weight during the coronavirus pandemic. If you put on some weight, that is totally okay! It's been a crazy year and gaining a few extra pounds is understandable. I am an ordinary person just like you and the five tips below helped me lose 40 lbs. within the last year and a half. GET EXCITED! It's going to be a fantastic 2021. The 5 tips are below:
- HAVE REALISTIC GOALS: When you start a weight loss plan, you first need to set realistic goals. Make goals that you can actually achieve! Thinking you will be able to run 10 miles on the first day or thinking you will have ripped abs in a week is just not possible. Take it slow and get better every day. Plan your goals wisely.
- GET IN A ROUTINE: If you want to lose weight, you really can't afford to take days off. Plan your everyday routine and set it according to your preferences, so that, it becomes easier to follow. When do you want to meal prep? When is the best time for you to work out? Make a schedule and accomplish it. It will take a ton of mental toughness but I know you can do it!
- EXERCISE EVERY DAY: Some days can be harder than others but every day you should be active. Maybe one day you go for a three-mile run and the next you walk a mile. Do what is best for your body! If you are sore and you feel like you can't move, at least lay on the ground and do a few sit-ups!! Working out is not only great for your physical shape but mentally you will feel like all your problems can be washed away.
- PREPARING MEALS: Working-out helps, but at the end of the day it is all about what you are eating in the kitchen. Fruits, vegetables, and proteins are all very important. Increase your water intake!! Of course, stay away from sugars, alcohol, and other fatty foods.
- USE APPS: We are always on our phones, so why not achieve you're weight loss goals using cool fitness apps. I use the MapMyRun and it really makes it fun for me to go on a run. Take a look at the app store and figure out what cool apps you would like to use. It really all depends on what you plan on accomplishing.
At the end of the day, no one can lose weight for you. Grab a scale, see where you are at, and simply get after it! DONT LOOK BACK!!! SUMMER 2021 at the Jersey Shore is will be here before you know it! SEE YOU ON THE BEACH - Jimmy G
Enter your number to get our free mobile app