Grab The Popcorn! The Jersey Shore Selects Their Favorite 80’s Film Classics
I am an 80's kid. I grew up in the 80s'. I went to high school and college in the 1980s and of course, the clothes, music, and movies of the '80s were a big part of my life. Of course, we all had our favorites during the '80s and it depended on what "circle" you hung out with.
I bring up '80s movies because we have another Feel Good '80s Weekend coming up this weekend, the best in 80's music for you and your family. So since we are playing the music why not talk about the movies, right?
My favorite '80s movie is the Breakfast Club. It was both funny and serious and it just struck a chord with many of us that were in school at that time. We knew all the different "circles" that the kids represented in the movie and we could relate or maybe not.
I was/am a huge John Hughes fan. He had so many great '80s films like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (My second favorite), Sixteen Candles, Some Kind of Wonderful, Uncle Buck, Pretty in Pink, National Lampoons Vacation, and Christmas Vacation, just to name a few.
I wanted to see what movies you at home would pick and let you tell us what were the best '80s movies.
- Evelyn: Dirty Dancing
- Mari: Desperately Seeking Susan or is it She-Devil, Uncle Buck, Baby Cakes
- Tony: Wall Street
- Deborah: Goonies
- Rick: The Outsiders, Batman, Top Gun
- William: School Daze, Do the Right Thing
- Les: Scarface, Raging Bull, The Shining
- Debbie: Steel Magnolias & Goonies
- Cheryl: Sixteen Candles
- Adam: Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2
- Richard: Return of the Jedi, Top Gun, Rocky IV, Superman II, Batman, Stripes
- Kevin: Can’t Buy Me Love, Weird Science
- Peggy: Flashdance
- Jan: When Harry Met Sally
- Lori: Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing
- Kev: Breakfast Club
- Darrin: Red Dawn
Thanks for all the '80s movie memories now your homework assignment is to stream your favorite '80s movie this coming weekend and don't forget the popcorn!