Beastie Boys Adam “MCA” Yauch Dead at 47 [AUDIO]/[VIDEO]
The music world lost another talented artist today. Adam Yauch aka “MCA” of the Hip-Hop band “Beastie Boys” lost his battle with Cancer. Back in 2009, Yauch announced that he had a cancerous tumor in his salivary gland.
The Beastie Boys “stormed” onto the scene in 1986 with their debut album “Licensed to Ill” which featured “Fight for your Right”, “No Sleep til Brooklyn”, “Girls”, “Brass Monkey”, and more.
Some of the accolades for the “Licensed to Ill” album include:
- In 1998, the album was selected as one of The Source‘s 100 Best Rap Albums.
- It is still the only album by a white hip-hop act to receive the coveted 5 mics from The Source.
- In 2003, the album was ranked number 217 on Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
- Included in Vibe’s 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century.
- In 2006, “Q magazine” placed the album at #16 in its list of “40 Best Albums of the ’80s”.
Just last month, the Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Adam was 47 years old , and is survived by his wife, Dechen, and a daughter.
Click the ‘play” button to listen to a tribute for Adam Yauch
Enjoy this classic Beastie Boys video: