Things To Do At The Shore With Dad On Father’s Day
Story by Bozz
Greetings, Kids!! This Sunday is Father’s Day…a day to celebrate the importance of the patriarchs of families. It’s also a day for dads to do whatever the heck they want.
I happen to know a lot of wonderful fathers and this should be a special day for them. If your father is still with us and he’s very much still active, you gotta take him out! Here are some fun things to do with Dad this Father’s Day at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth Park Racetrack
- Father’s Day usually draws the second largest crowd during the summer meet next to Haskell Day.
- This year marks 10 years since my dad and I went to Monmouth on Father’s Day. We sat in the picnic area on lawn chairs with a cooler stocked with food and beer. We had a great time!
- There are lots of half-day fishing charter boats that originate out of Belmar and Point Pleasant. Or you can fish off the beach as well.
- The Lakewood Blueclaws are home vs. the Hickory Crawdads (1:05pm). First Energy Park is awesome and the crowd is family-friendly. You can always listen to the game there on your phone via com.
- Always a good day trip. However, you can expect Shore traffic to/from AC, unless you do an overnight trip Saturday into Sunday.
- Pick a beach, any beach to take dad to. If you go to Seaside Park, make sure you stop by the Community Medical Center RWJ Barnabas Health Boardwalk Studio between 11am-4pm. That’s where and when 105.7 The Hawk will be broadcasting live!
The Go-Go Bars
- Centerfolds, Fantasies and the like will all be open. I can assure you that this will NOT be an inexpensive day with dad if you take him there. Just make sure that you tell his other half that you’re going to the track or Atlantic City. She’ll buy it!
- Not wanting to deal with the crowds, no problem. Stock up on burgers and dogs, throw them on the grill. Stock up on beer and other beverages. Invite the family over, have a great time and don’t forget to have 105.7 The Hawk on as your soundtrack!