Signs You May be Addicted to The Hawk
Do you need recovery for an addiction to the station?
1) Are you anxious, depressed, prone to mood swings and angry outbursts when away from either the radio or live stream? You have withdrawal symptoms.
2) You’ve tried to at least lessen or end your dependence on The Hawk so you can do other things besides listen, but you fail. You cannot give the substance up.
3) All radios are pre-set to the Hawk and of course you listen online and with the radio pup app on your smartphone. You must make sure you have a “good supply” of your substance.
4) An addicted person commonly feels they need their drug to deal with their problems. You need the Hawk to cope with life.
5) An addicted person may spend more and more time and energy focusing on ways of getting hold of their substance, and in some cases how to use it (see #3 above). You’re obsessed with the station.
6) A significant number of addicted people are not aware (or refuse to acknowledge) that they have a problem. You are in denial.
Don’t fight this addiction, you will never win.
(I know from personal experience).