Powerball Jackpot Hit in South Carolina
Lottery machines across New Jersey cranked out thousands of tickets for Wednesday night's Powerball jackpot with an annuity value of $400 million, but no jackpot-winning tickets were sold in the Garden State.
The numbers drawn on Wednesday night were: 07-10-22-32-35, Powerball: 19
One ticket sold in South Carolina matched all six numbers, according to the Multi-State Lottery Association.CNN reports the ticket was sold at a Murphy USA gas station in Lexington, South Carolina which is located just outside Columbia.
A note was taped to the entrance that read "If you bought your Powerball ticket for last night's drawing at our store, you better check those numbers twice" according to WIS TV, .
Smaller New Jersey Winners
New Jersey was a lucky place to win smaller prizes this time out. A ticket worth $1 million for matching all 5 numbers but not the Powerball was sold at the Convenience Express store in North Bergen according to the New Jersey Lottery, one of six sold in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia, California and South Carolina. Two $1million tickets were sold in New York.
The holder of the winning tickets has not yet made themselves known to the store, "A million dollars is great. It'll change your life," manager Koko Asadurian told the Jersey Journal.
There were also 9 tickets worth $10,000 each sold in Bergenfield, Eatontown, Garfield, Hazlet, Hillsboroigh, Lakewood, Lyndhurst, Millington and West Orange,
Wednesday night’s jackpot, with a cash value of $223.6 million, was the fifth largest ever offered in the United States.183,808 other New Jersey players took home $965,949 in prizes ranging from $4 to $200, according to the Lottery’s Executive Director Carole Hedinger.
The Powerball jackpot for Saturday night has an annuity value of $40 million and a cash value of $22.4 million. The multi-state Mega Millions drawing has a jackpot with an annuitized value of $145million for Friday night's drawing.
Until the latest drawing, no one had won the Powerba since August 7. The Ocean's 16 group of county workers from Ocean County who bought their ticket at the Acme supermarket in Little Egg Harbor, were the first to come forward. Mario Scarnici of Monmouth Junction, who got his ticket at Stop and Shop in South Brunswick, claimed his part of the jackpot a few weeks later. A third ticket was purchased in Minnesota.
Highest Lottery Jackpots In US History
1. $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (1 ticket from Florida)
3. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
4. $448 million, Powerball, August. 7, 2013 (2 tickets from New Jersey, 1 from Minnesota
5. $400 million, Powerball, (September. 18; 1 winner from South Carolina)
6. $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
7. $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
8. $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
9. $363.0 million, The Big Game, May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
10. $340.0 million, Powerball, Oct. 19, 2005 (1 ticket from Oregon)
11. $338.3 million, Powerball, March 23, 2013 (1 ticket from New Jersey)
The Associated Press contributed to this report