Unknown males reportedly threaten to “shoot up” Clark Mills School in Manalapan
Manalapan Police are investigating social media threats made against Clark Mills Elementary School over the last week.
An incident had been reported to school staff yesterday morning but police say there's no immediate threat at this time.
However, the Principal of Clark Mills Elementary School told parents what happened in a letter.
In part, the letter sent out Wednesday from Jayme Orlando and Assistant Principal Jessica Grant says:
"This morning (Wednesday) we received information from a few of our fifth grade students that a threat was made to them last week and ealier this week on the app 'House Party'. This app is intended for use by students 13-years of age and older. These threats were made by older males. On this site, threats of a sexual nature were made towards the students and there was also a threat against our school community. We were told that one of the males stated that "he would come to the school and shoot it up on Thursday." At no time did our students give the name of our school to these individuals.
Preliminary investigations indicate that this is not a credible threat, and it is believed that these are just older children intimidating younger children on social media."
The letter adds that precautions will be put in place around the school today and "only parents approved through passage point will be able to enter the building, students will not be permitted to go out for recess, there will be a police presence at our schools (today)."
There has been a disturbing trend of social media or other threats reported against schools across New Jersey since the Parkland, Florida massacred February 14, all investigated and harm was prevented by law enforcement.
More From WOBM: