Top 5 Tuesday: Chill Out, Big Shots
Just a Bit Outside prides itself on many things. Great radio. Good looks. Knowledge about everything from sports, to life skills, to holding court with the ladies. Somewhere on that list includes consistency. Every week includes a Top 5 Tuesday topic.
This week: The Top 5 professions where the employees take themselves way too seriously.
5. Artists: It’s possible that this is mostly because of how much I hated art class in school. Don’t mistake this for people who loves arts and crafts or the creative individuals of our society. I’m talking about the guys who go to art school, eat Ramen to stay thin, and wear skinny jeans to dive bars. You are talented, sure. Just chill out, man.
4. Vegetarians in any line of work and/or Green Grocers : Don’t eat chicken, lady. It’s cool with me, but don’t give me a look because I think Colonel Sanders is an American hero.
3. Sportswriters: Just because you cover the game doesn’t mean you are bigger than the game. The way they are allowed to shape the respective Hall of Fame’s is pathetic. Not voting for a guy like Albert Belle because you didn’t like him is unacceptable. Also, they’ll try to spin not voting for Barry Bonds as a steroid only issue, but don’t believe it for a second.
2. Dental hygienists: I won’t die if I don’t floss. Please stop threatening me.
1. Political analysts: Your television studios, strong opinions and yelling may push ratings, but they really don’t make as much difference in this world as you think.