The First ‘Ice Cream Speakeasy’ In NJ Is Open
Hidden inside a Jersey City ramen house is the state's first "ice cream speakeasy", featuring alcohol-infused ice cream.
Luigi's Ice Cream is the first creamery in the state to offer ice cream that has been infused with alcohol. Owner Luigi Beltran said that while the concept of alcohol-infused ice cream isn't new, his technique is different because the alcohol is not burned off during the production process.
What makes us different is that you will actually get alcohol in the ice cream. It's stronger but no one's going to get buzzed off this.
It will involve a trip to Ani Ramen in Jersey City, but if you're interested, you'll be able to indulge in both rolled and hard ice creams.
The rolled flavors include:
- Strawberry Tequila Rose ice cream with Tequila Rose, vanilla cream, Nilla wafers and whipped cream
- HorChata ice cream with RumChata Liqueur, vanilla cream, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and cinnamon sugar
- Frangelico Hazelnut Rocher with Frangelico, chocolate cream and Ferrero Rocher candy
- Godiva Dark Chocolate, with Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur, chocolate cream, fudge brownie, chocolate chips and cake crunch.
The hard ice cream flavors are:
- Hennessy and pineapple
- Patron XO Cafe and chocolate chips
- Bacardi Toasted Coconut
One of my biggest weaknesses in life is ice cream. While I'm not much of a drinker, I think combining the two is a pretty solid option! A trip to Jersey City might be in my future.
More from 105.7 the Hawk: