Jersey Shore Football Star Signs With Giants
In an alternate universe, I am Mike Basile.
We both went to Brick Memorial High School (go Mustangs!), we both went to Monmouth University (go Hawks!), we both grew up fans of the New York Giants (go Giants!).
In the real universe, however, I was in the band, majored in Music Business, spent all my time at the college radio station, and came to work at the Hawk.
Mike Basile just signed with the New York Giants after being the most decorated player in Monmouth's history.
It is an unbelievable feeling, it is still surreal. This is the team I grew up watching and loving. To just be able to put on a Giants uniform is a great feeling and an honor.
Monmouth University's bio of Basile lists his achievements:
- Consensus All-American honors as a junior and senior.
- Set the Monmouth record for career tackles with 433
- Four-time First Team All-Big South
- Set the conference record for solo stops with 285
- 2017 Big South Co-Defensive Player of the Year
- 2017 FCS ADA All-America Team
- 2017 Top defensive back in the FCS
- First Hawk to earn First Team All-American honors from the Associated Press and the Walter Camp Football Foundation.
More from 105.7 the Hawk: