Doctors: All Boston Bomb Patients Likely To Live [VIDEO]
One week after the Boston Marathon bombings, doctors say everyone injured in the blasts who made it alive to a hospital now seems likely to survive.
More than 180 people were hurt in the explosions, and at least 14 of them lost all or part of a limb. As of Monday, 51 remained hospitalized. Three are listed as critical and five are in serious condition. Among the critical is transit system police officer who nearly bled to death in a shootout with the bombing suspects. Doctors say he is expected to recover.
The three people who died in the blasts died at the scene, as did another officer who was shot.
Mourners say final goodbyes to marathon victim
Mourners are lining up outside a church in Medford, Mass., for a funeral for one of the Boston Marathon bombing victims.
The line outside St. Joseph Church on Monday for the funeral of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell stretched down the block.
Campbell was one of three people killed near the finish line a week ago. The restaurant manager had gone to watch a friend finish the race.
In addition to the mourners, union members and a local motorcycle club showed up to stop a church group from disrupting the funeral.
Teamsters Local 25 President Sean O'Brien says the union members planned to stand in front of protesters to block them from the Campbell family's view.
Wallie Hawkins says his motorcycle club will rev their bikes to drown out protesters.
Obama to hold moment of silence for Boston victims
The White House says President Barack Obama will observe a moment of silence Monday to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Obama will pay tribute to the victims at 2:50 p.m. Monday, the time the first of two bombs exploded last week near the marathon finish line. The president will mark the moment privately at the White House, with no press coverage.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has also asked his state's residents to observe a moment of silence Monday afternoon. Bells will toll across the state after the minute-long tribute to the victims.
Back to work and school in Boston ahead of silent tribute
Bostonians are back at work and at school for the first time since a dramatic week came to an even more dramatic end on Friday.
Authorities had made the unprecedented request that residents stay home during the manhunt for Dzokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv), the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. He was found Friday evening hiding in a boat covered by a tarp -- hours after his older brother was killed during a violent getaway attempt.
Traffic has been heavy on major arteries into the city today. Parents are dropping their children off at schools, some for the first time since last Monday's bombings that killed three people.
At a high school just a block from the bombing site, Carlotta Martin said leaving her kids there has been the hardest part of getting back to normal. Her children, 17-year-old twins and a 15-year-old, walked into the building, glancing at the police barricades a few yards from the front door.
Martin said she's "nervous," and added, "Hopefully, this stuff is over." She said she told her daughter to text her so she'll know everything is OK.
On Norfolk Street, where the suspects lived, neighbors say they thought they saw some more detectives this morning. But unlike Friday, the street is open today.
Massachusetts holds a moment of silence this afternoon to mark one week since the bombings. The one minute of silence is at 2:50 p.m., the time of the first explosion. Then bells will ring across the state.
Father of Boston suspects plans to fly to US
The father of the two Boston bombing suspects says he will travel from Russia to the United States this week to seek "justice and the truth."
Anzor Tsarnaev told The Associated Press that he has "lots of questions for the police" and he wants "to clear up many things."
In the interview on Sunday he said only that he planned to go in several days, but the suspects' mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, told journalists on Monday that the father plans to fly to the U.S. on Wednesday.
She said the family would try to bring the body of their elder son back to Russia.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed in a gun battle with police. His 19-year-old brother Dzhokhar was later captured alive but badly wounded.
Is there a Russia connection?
An aunt of the elder Boston bombing suspect says he struggled to find himself while trying to reconnect with his Chechen identity on a trip to Russia last year.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev "seemed to be more American" than Chechen and "didn't fit into the Islamic world," his aunt Patimat Suleimanova told The Associated Press.
Suleimanov added that Tsarnaev spoke daily on Skype to his American-born wife, who had recently converted to Islam, and that she instructed him on how to observe Islam correctly.
Investigators are focusing on the six months Tsarnaev spent last year in southern Russia, where he stayed with his father for at least part of the time.
Tsarnaev was killed in a gun battle with police. His younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was later captured alive, but badly wounded.
The Associated Press contributed to this story