Darrelle Revis Charged With Felony Assault
Darrelle Revis was in Pittsburgh visiting family when, according to his lawyers, a group of five men assaulted him on the street.
Revis’s attorney released the following statement:
Mr. Revis came home to Pittsburgh this past weekend to visit family and friends. During that time, Mr. Revis went by a location in the Southside that he is in the process of developing. Mr. Revis was physically assaulted while at that location by a group of at least 5 people. Mr. Revis feared for his safety and retreated from the aggressors. Mr. Revis was not arrested after this incident. Mr. Revis sought medical attention as a result of the aforementioned attack.
That version, however, conflicts with other reports that state Revis was the aggressor. Another news outlet has a different version of the event, with investigators providing this timeline:
– Revis was approached by two people on the street who complimented his clothes and asked if he was Revis.
– Revis answered yes. The men continued to follow him and started recording him on a cellphone.
– A shoving match ensued as Revis asked the men to leave him alone.
– Victims say Revis grabbed the phone from one man in an attempt to delete the video, then threw the phone into the street.
– A friend of Revis’ approached, and the two men were punched. Nobody saw who threw the blows.
– Both of the injured men were taken to the hospital. One suffered broken bones around his eye.
Pittsburgh police say charges are pending against Revis for robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault. The Jets have yet to address the incident, check back for updates.
[UPDATE] – Revis has been charged with two counts aggravated assault, one count making terroristic threats, one count robbery, and one count conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.
More from 105.7 the Hawk:
Subscribe to 105.7 The Hawk on